Friday, December 08, 2006

My 100th Post! Actually the 102nd.

Here's my 102nd post! (I missed my 100th.) I was surprised that I was there already. It kind of snuck up on me.

So in keeping with bloggy tradition, I'm posting my 100 things. (In no particular order.)

1. I’m the youngest of five children.
2. We were a blended family. (Both my parents were married previously and had kids.)
3. It was a “his, mine and ours” situation. I’m the ours.
4. I have one sister and 3 brothers.
5. My dad is a lawyer and my mom was his secretary.
6. I shared a room with my sister until I was 14 and she went away to college.
7. As a teenager, my best friend was my older brother who is seven years my senior.
8. I enjoy playing video games with my kids.
9. I’ve been married nearly half my life.
10. I met my husband at a college Bible study when I was 18.
11. We became best friends and we still are.
12. We never dated before we got engaged.
13. We got married 4 months after he asked me to marry him.
14. I got married on my birthday.
15. Best birthday present I ever got.
16. Everyone sang “Happy Birthday” to me at our reception.
17. I spent summers beginning after 8th grade taking classes at the university in my hometown.
18. My mom enrolled me to keep me out of trouble.
19. I really enjoyed it.
20. I spent the summer afternoons painting hobby ceramics at a shop within walking distance from the university.
21. I really enjoyed that too.
22. I had 30 credit hours of college classes when I left high school.
23. I’m a high school drop out.
24. I was sick of high school and wanted to go to college.
25. In hindsight, I thought a little too much of myself. (doesn’t every teenager?)
26. I packed up my stuff and went to college 200 miles away from home.
27. I was 17.
30. I loved college.
31. I have CMT.
32. I got it from my dad.
33. He got it from his mom.
34. There’s a good chance that some of my kids got it from me.
35. That makes me sad.
36. As far as diseases go, it could be a LOT worse.
37. When I was 11 years old, I had surgery to help lessen the effects of CMT .
38. I spent that summer in bed - casts on both legs.
39. I read a lot that summer and watched a lot of M*A*S*H*
40. I wear sneakers nearly everyday of my life. They make my feet feel better.
41. I put them on in the morning and don’t take them off again until I’m getting ready for bed.
42. I would have worn sneakers to my wedding if I didn’t know my mom would totally freak.
43. All my pregnancies were planned. All five of them. No accidents.
44. At birth my children were 8 lbs. 6 oz., 7 lbs. 10 oz., 9 lbs. 2 oz, 8 lbs. 8 oz. & 9 lbs. 4 oz.
45. We’re adopting two more kids from Ethiopia.
46. They’ll be two years or younger.
47. Some days this scares me to death.
48. Most days I’m really impatient to get it done and have them here with us.
49. Pastormac and I have been planning to adopt for nearly 18 years.
50. I prefer milk chocolate to dark. Although dark chocolate will due in a pinch.
51. I don’t chew chocolate kisses.
52. I stick them to the roof of my mouth and let them melt slowly in all their creamy goodness.
53. I can stop at one Hersey’s Chocolate Kiss, maybe two.
54. I could eat a whole bag of potato chips.
55. I try not to.
56. BBQ potato chips are my favorite kind.
57. I would gladly forgo dessert for seconds on dinner.
58. I could probably stand to skip both (dessert and seconds).
59. I’m a recovering perfectionist.
60. I love New Mexican food.
61. I usually have mine, “Christmas style” with both red and green chile on top.
62. I like to cook and try new recipes.
63. I’m pretty good at it.
64. I collect cookbooks/cooking magazines and enjoying reading them.
65. I received Christ as my Savior when I was 13.
66. I was looking through my brother’s stuff and found a “Do You Know for Certain?” Gospel tract.
67. I read the tract and prayed the “Sinner’s Prayer” on the back. God adopted me as His child that day.
68. I promptly got in trouble for being in my brother’s stuff.
69. I didn’t begin to fully understand what I had done until I got to college. Now I DO know for certain.
70. I had a massage once. It was wonderful. I would love to do it again.
71. I’m near-sighted in one eye and far-sighted in the other, so I wear glasses.
72. I don’t like wearing glasses but I love being able to see.
73. I have attended the same church for almost twenty years. It’s not perfect but I love it.
74. I’ve been a pastor’s wife since 1990, hence the name, "Pastormac's Ann."
75. One summer, I was a congressional intern in Washington DC for Senator Pete Dominici.
76. I found him to be one of the hardest working guys I’ve ever seen.
77. Unlike me, who took every chance I could get to explore Capitol Hill. I had a blast!
78. I majored in Political Science and minored in History. I love history.
79. Knowing what I know now about myself, I wish I could go back in time and major in something else.
80. I collect children’s books.
81. I enjoy helping others be successful.
82. I like wearing baseball caps.
83. I can play the flute, the piano and the guitar. None of them very well anymore.
84. I took piano lessons for ten years.
85. I quit as a sophomore in high school because I wanted to be manager for the High School Girls’ Track team. (Crazy, I know.)
86. I wanted to letter like the rest of my siblings and it was the only way. (See #31. )
87. I’d like to take up these instruments and play well again.
88. I’m pretty melancholy in temperament. Melancholy and phlegmatic.
89. I would be a very different person without Christ in my life.
90. I’ve seen the Atlantic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico.
91. I’ve been to Sweden, Finland, Gotland, France, Switzerland, Italy and Mexico.
92. I’m going to Ethiopia.
93. I love doing crafts of all kinds.
94. Recently I learned how to do pysanky. (google it.) It’s totally fun.
95. I would love being able to earn a living as an artist.
96. I’m not good enough at anything to be able to do that.....yet.
97. I like reading through the Newbery Award winning books along with my daughter.
98. Singing is a lot of fun.
99. I’ve been an child advocate for Compassion International for five years and a child sponsor since 1991.
100. Pastormac and I like to read to each other.

And two more since this is my 102nd post:

101. I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else in the world.
102. I love being a wife and mother. I really wouldn’t want to be anything else.

Whew! At least I know two people will suffer through the whole list. Thanks Pastormac and Sweetanlo. If you read through the whole list too, please leave me a comment so I know who my real bloggity friends are.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

No suffering involved, and, not surprisingly, no surprises. (hmmm that's quite a sentence.)

I wonder does a recovering perfectionist ever accept herself as perfectly recovered? I guess not. :-)

This list is only a tiny percentage of all the reasons I could come up with that I love you!

Good job princess.

Thankfulmom said...

Wow, Ann, I loved reading that. Here I've been emailing you and I realize I had no idea who you are! Now I feel like I know you a bit. Thanks for being part of my journey.
Lisa

Beck said...

I'll eat your share of dessert. That was fun! You're interesting.

5KidMom said...

Great list Ann! I just found out we have a lot in common. 8^)

Michelle said...

I read through your whole list and enjoyed it! It was fun getting to know a little more about you!

How neat about having happy birthday sung at your wedding reception! Guess he can never forget your birthday or anniversary! :)

Anonymous said...

I read and enjoyed every one last one hundred and second one. Is this a bloggety tradition because I am pretty close to 100 posts. I don't think I have 100 coherent thoughts a day -- this should be interesting. :)

Kate M said...

What a fun list!! It's always so much fun getting to know you better. I just wish we didn't have to do it through cyberspace or every 13 years!!!

Susanne said...

How on earth did I miss this post? I'm glad I backtracked. This was fun to read. We have very much in common. I'm not surprised! :v)

Anonymous said...

I came for the easy Christmas ornament idea, and stayed to read. I really enjoy your site.

Qtpies7 said...

I read through the whole list, too! I think we are a bit alike. Dt. Dr. Pepper is the best! I had 5 kids, then had two more, though not through adoption. We had mine/yours/ours in the family, too. I have 1 sis and 4 brothers, but my sis is like you, the "ours" and has 1 sis and 3 bros. I also married in 1989, but to my high school sweetheart. I became a Christian at age 21, after my third child was born.

I enjoyed reading about you!

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Great read Ann!

I married my husband 4 months after we got engaged and in 1989 too!

I've never heard of CMT before. Just read up on it from the link you gave now.

I'm a recovering perfectionist, love Mexican food, Jesus, and chocolate and have been to Sweden, France and Mexico too. Where the hey is Gotland??

I love music but cannot read it or play anything and my tooth is a little sweeter than yours. Ketchup chips are my favourite.

How cool is it that you are adopting two kids from Ethiopia! My dream is to travel some day to an orphanage to help out. Doing it with one or all of my daughters would be so cool!

Oh and I love the comment that your hubby made. How sweet of him! He seems like a really wonderful guy!

So I've added this post as a link onto my 100 Things about Bloggers site. I collect 'em!

Jackie said...

I love these type of lists! Good job. Can't wait to hear more about the adoptions.

Anonymous said...

New to your blog, but I like to read these. I have done two of them but I didn't put them on a separate page. I home school our 4 kids (16,15,13 11). Friends of ours are leaving in 3 days for Uganda to adopt a boy and girl (Tuininga Treasures is her blog-on my blog roll or google her). I play piano. Our kids are in piano, drums and hand bells.

Land of Lovings said...

Awesome 100 things! I've really enjoyed your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine!

And, I have a feeling I am going to have to try pysanky soon!