In keeping with birthday tradition, I'm giving Sweetanlo a chance to post. She's celebrating her 15th birthday so she's doing her list of 16 - one for each year and one to grow on. This year's list is a little different.
Sweetanlo's Birthday List
16 things that happened while my parents were in Ethiopia
1. My 7 year old brother, Joe Cool, got his first migraine on the first day.
2. I attended the most stressful church service ever (trying to keep my siblings happy, quiet and still.
3. One of the ladies that my mom had scheduled to help for two days had such a bad allergic reaction to our cats on the first day that she couldn't come back the second day. (I felt so bad.)
4. We ate some really good homemade German Chocolate Cake. (Not made by me.)
5. I went on a massive grocery shopping trip with the help of one of my best friends. (We did some very creative car packing.)
6. One of our friends took us swimming at an apartment pool, and Shorty made me hold him the entire time.
7. I got a break to spend a day with Hula Girl, one of my best friends.
8. Hula Girl used her brand new driver's license to take me to the library.
9. We had pizza three times.
10. Shorty decided that Lucky Charms were the next best thing since sliced bread.
11. We mastered a Wii game that my dad bought for us to play while he was gone.
12. The dog became depressed because she missed my dad so much.
13. We ate banana splits.
14. My brothers had their first motorcycle ride.
15. We met my parents and new sister at the airport along with a lot of other people from our church family.
and one to grow on...
16. I had a small taste of what my parents do and I am very glad I don't have to do it on a regular basis
Today, Sweetanlo, my first-born, the child who ushered me into this amazing adventure called motherhood, is celebrating a birthday. Her 15th. How convenient that the birthday cards I picked up for her fit the Photo Hunter theme of "paper."
Photo Hunt - Paper
She's been hoping to see birthday cards in the mailbox all week, but has been sorely disappointed - not a one. I told her she'd definitely get a card today, so I picked these up for her along with her presents. Not the same as getting them in the mail but better than nothing!
If you'd be so kind, please leave her a comment wishing her a "Happy Birthday!" Might make up for her lack of snail mail birthday wishes!
TN Chick has a delicious photo choice for "paper" and do stop by Criz Santuary - the Photo Hunters Site-of-the-Day.
PhotoHunters were in search of something "plastic" this week. Didn't take me too long to set up this one with a set of plastic toys my younger kids love to play with, except I don't let them use a real candle.
Photo Hunt - Plastic
Alas, this is the only Dairy Queen we'll be having for a while. Our local DQ is closed for repairs after a fire. Oh the sadness. We're just happy that they're rebuilding instead of closing for good. These toys are good looking but nothing beats the taste of the real thing.
Stop by TN Chick for a look at her choice for "plastic" and don't forget to visit the Photo Hunters Site-of-the-Day, Fleur de Lisa, her photo is awesome, clever & creative.
Tonight I didn't think I was going to have anything. Honestly, I didn't remember it was Friday until about lunch time today. But then I remembered this picture I have of my boys having a concert of their own. We're quite entertaining here.
I'm a homeschooling SAHM to 7 children - 5 homemade children (19, 17, 15, 12 & 10) & 2 seven year old Ethiopian treasures. I married my college sweetheart, Pastormac, back in 1989. I like Coke Zero. I was grafted into the True Vine at age 13. I want others, especially my children, to see Jesus in me.
This site is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Any and all contents on this blog is the sole property of Ann at It's Always A Production. Please do not duplicate or copy anything without written permission.