Friday, June 30, 2006

ELECTRICITY! E - LEC - TRI - CI - TY!

In keeping with Everyday Mommy's Everyday Things, (even though I can't seem to get the graphic to work) I'm enbracing contentment today (what a great picture that brings to mind - squeezing contentment in a big bear hug!) and so I'm posting about something that I'm thankful for.

Our power went off this morning. Actually, power for parts of three different cities in our area went out - 28,000 homes affected.

Luckily, a couple of hours later, as we were making plans to go into a neighboring city (that wasn't affected) in order to hang out in a place with A/C and someplace to eat, the power came back on! Hooray!

So today I'm thankful for electricity, and all the conveniences it allows.

Thank you Ben Franklin! (and of course, thanks God!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow -- our power was only off for about 15 minutes! I guess we got lucky!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh my goodness- what a good thing to be thankful for, as I was doing housework tonight burning up with the windows open. The air is on now and I am feeling MUCH better!!! Of course I love having light and working kitchen appliances like the FRIDGE, too- so electricity is a good thing!

Susanne said...

I can't imagine living without electricity for any length of time. Almost anything I can think of in our house needs that electricity. Hello, how would we blog??
:D

Anonymous said...

Hooray for electricity! Now I can read my favorite blog (this one!)

Beck said...

Electricity is the best. We have frequent black outs here, and it always reinforces to me that I am just so, so grateful not to be a pioneer or something.