Monday, January 17, 2011

9/360

I'm glad to be doing Carmi's Thematic Photographic again. While I've enjoyed looking at all the entries each week, I've missed posting photos myself. Right back in there squeaking in at the last moment. (That I'll be trying to change.)

This week's theme has beem Far From Home.


Sunset in Silver City.
Once this was my home and will always be my hometown,
but now, especially after the passing of my dear mom,
when I'm here I feel far from home.



First glimpses of O'ahu.
In June 2009, I took my dislocated knee
(I didn't know it at the time)
and went to Hawai'i with my daughter
Sweetanlo and some very dear friends.



Kailua Beach
So lovely, so windy. Perfect for the Kite Surfers there.




Kailua Beach
I loved watching the waves.



Me, far from home
with Koolau Mountains behind



En Route to Ethiopia
Doesn't get to much farther away from home for us


LemLem playing soccer on Entoto Mountain w/Genet


LemLem on Entoto Mountain, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The irony is that this Ethiopian beauty, sitting on the mountain
overlooking her hometown is actually far far from home.

A long long trip, almost home.


My daughter Sweetly posted some great Far From Home pictures, here and here.





3 comments:

Pastormac said...

Great pictures. Lots of memories.

Vicki said...

Great photos! You certainly have been far, far from home. Looks like you have had some wonderful experiences and made great memories.

Thanks for stopping and commenting on my blog. :)

carmilevy said...

Through all of these remarkable images, you somehow make even the most distant places reachable...a piece of home, if you will.

It's one of the things I've always loved about your work: You make connections wherever you are or whatever you're doing.

Next theme's a little different...hope you'll share your vision this week, too!