Monday, April 09, 2007

Cherishing Every Moment

On Sunday morning during our Easter worship service, Shorty wanted me to hold him while we stood singing. As I held him, it occurred to me that this would likely be the last Easter I'd be able to do so. Not just because he's growing and is just about too big to fit into my arms anymore, but also because next year my arms will be full of another little person.

Soon we'll both be saying goodbye to his "being the baby of the family" days. Albeit a bit painfully - for both of us.

So on Sunday, while he still fit in my arms, as he laid his head on my shoulder, when he asked me what we were singing about, I was cherishing every moment. I was asking God to sear this special memory in my heart that I may never lose it, thankful for the awareness of how precious this time was.

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Oh Ann, I so know how you feel! There are times when I wish every year we could just have one day for each child where they were preschooler and babes again. Not that I wish they were forever that age but just so I can have that feeling remembered of them melting into me as I held them, their wonderful baby smell, or them cuddling into my shoulder or saying something cute.

Beck said...

What Susanne said, definitely. It's always so poignant the way the new baby makes the old baby suddenly seem so grown up!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. What a great mom you are!

Michelle said...

what a precious memory! and it is seared in your heart forever now as you have this permanent record of it to remind you always!

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, how sweet. I hope that God does indeed sear that precious memory into your heart forever.