Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Date of Another Kind

Way back in April, Shalee challenged her bloggy friends to have a Sadie Hawkins Day. Her instructions: we were to plan a date with our special guys, take some pictures to commemorate the event and then blog about it. Well I took up her challenge but as it was during a particularily bad blog-writing slump, I never posted about it. Until now...

During said Sadie Hawkins Date Weekend, Pastormac worked late on Thursday, got up the next morning before dawn and left on a business trip which had him gone until the wee hours of the morning on Sunday. On Sunday he gave the sermon for both church services and then had meetings for the rest of the afternoon.

Needless to say, we needed an evening out together. I hired two of my favorite babysitters (my daughters) so I could take him here. (We had a gift certificate to use which made it all the better because we were prepared to spurge!.)


Pastormac had chicken.


And I had a steak. Yum.


And afterwards, we shared this dessert. Wow was it delicious.


But the best part of the time was being able to look at this face all eveniing long without interruptions. We actually had a coherent conversation or two. Wow!



Thanks Shalee for the encouragement to take my guy out. Sorry it took me so long to blog about it.

Love Thursday & Love Is All Around.

7 comments:

Susanne said...

That looks totally nummy! Too bad you didn't get a pic of the both of ya! What a blessing to have a gift certificate and have that evening together!

bonggamom said...

I would have ordered exactly what you had. I'm a meat-eater! Delicious food aside, your date sounds like it was a lot of fun. Glad you got this chance to be alone with Pastormac!

Anonymous said...

I like knowing what Pastormac looks like. He kinda makes me want to hear him preach. Now I just want to see a pic of you.

Carol said...

That sounds like a great idea! I may start having to pinch a bit out of the grocery money so he doesn't end up having to pay for his evening out. LOL!

Shalee said...

Ann, What a handsome man Pastormac is! I can totally see why you would like some time alone with him. I love that you participated!

Love Outback! Mr. Right and I love to go there to split a meal because they're so big! (But chicken? I never go there to eat chicken... That's just sounds so... wrong. But you made up for it by ordering JUST RIGHT! They make fabulous steaks.)

I love that you had time to reconnect with your sweet man. And think of all the the great conversations that took place without interruptions! Perhaps you should get a few more of these dates under your belt considering the two blessings who will be coming your way not soon enough...

And I second notion to see your recent picture too!

Louise said...

Hey, found you through My Bella Vita's site....

That looks SO yummy!! Date nights are few and far between with three little kids...ah but the time together is so sweet!! Way to go and take your man out...I should do that!!

Beck said...

What a lovely, loving post! My husband and I are going out tomorrow for the whole day WITHOUT KIDS! We're going to the movies WITHOUT KIDS for the first time since we were parents! It's going to rock! I'm going to phone home and check on my kids EVERY FOUR MINUTES!