Saturday, August 04, 2007

Off we go, into the wild blue yonder....

Well, we're all packed and ready to head off to Ethiopia. We fly out of here at o'dark-a-thirty this morning. It still feels like a dream and I think that it will until they put my precious LemLem into my arms. It's been such a hectic week trying to get everything ready and make arrangements for my other children whom are staying here. I found Mary's posts at Ethiopia Adoption Blogs and Erin's posts at Transracial Adoption Blogs an invaluable resource for planning and packing. Wow, I don't know how I would have done it without them!

If you're the praying type - we need your prayers! Please pray for our trip - the travel there, meeting our daughter and getting to know her, meeting our son and having to leave him there, bringing our LemLem back home (it's a LONG ride). Pray too for our children who are staying home. We've never left our children for this many days and there were many tears as we said goodbye. Pray that the week would go by quickly for them and that they would be safe in the good gracious hands of those saints who have volunteered to watch them. Pray that they would get along while we're gone. ;-)

Sweetanlo will be blogging for me if I am able to send her my messages via emails. Internet is unrealiable over there but I'll do my best.

I'll have pictures and a tale to tell when I return. We touch down on Saturday, August 11th in the evening time.

If you're here for the first time, feel free to follow the link on the left - "Our Adoption Story" - to get caught up.

5 comments:

Susanne said...

Ann, I'm so excited for you. Praying for your whole family. I can hardly wait for the reports and pictures.

Anonymous said...

Travel safely! You are all in my prayers :)

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh Ann, I wondered why you didn't participate in my FIF recipe exchange this past Friday and now I know why...you're off to meet your daughter!

I'm so excited for you! I'm offering up prayers for you and your family. I wish you safe travels.

Keep us posted!

Michelle said...

I had to chuckle at the the title of your post - did you know that is how the Air Force song starts off? :)

Have a safe and wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear all about it and now that LemLem is back here safely with you as well. I know it'll be hard to leave w/out Bear, so my prayers are with you.

Beck said...

I am praying for all of you!
I can't wait for your safe return and to see your darling new child.