Okay, the bad news first. (you didn't really have a choice.) We found out on Monday that barring a miracle from God, there is no way that our boy Bear is going to have a successful court date before the end of the month when the Ethiopian courts close for the rainy season until sometime in October. Even if the court date took place tomorrow, getting a new birth certificate printed pushes us past court closure. And we still waiting on the ever-ellusive last bit of paperwork, with no real end in sight.
We are SO SAD! When we accepted our adoption referral back in March, we never imagined that we would miss getting a successful court date in before the yearly rainy season court closures. Yet that is exactly how it is. He's there. We're here. Still waiting for him to become our son. So frustrating. So heart-breaking. So hard to accept that he will come to us in God's perfect timing, yet resigned to and comforted by that fact.
The sadness and frustration is only tempered by the good news...
WE'RE GOING TO ETHIOPIA TO GET OUR GIRL!
That's right. We have a confirmed Embassy date (to apply for a US visa to bring her home) on August 7th, so we're flying out of here in the wee hours of the morning on the 4th. And while we're there we'll at least be able to see our Bear.
So without further ado, may I present to you, LemLem, the newest member of The Production.
Last month, we got these updated pictures.
And on Monday, attached to our Embassy instructions we found her new birth certificate - we're her parents! Am I dreaming?
If you're so inclined, we could use your prayers as we get ready for this trip. There is just so much to do as I have to prepare for an international trip and also see to the care of the five children we're leaving at home.