Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thematic Photographic - Cloudy

Fell off the face of the earth for a few weeks. First, as a result of doing something careless and dangerous, I took a fall and hurt my knee. Won't know the extent of the damage for another week when I finally have a follow-up appointment with the othropaedic doc who will review an MRI of my injured knee. I do know at a minimum, I dislocated my kneecap. Ouch.

Double ouch that I hurt my knee five days before I was expected to fly to O'ahu Hawai'i with my daughter and a group of her friends for a week in paradise. Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it but I packed my suitcase and took my bum knee on vacation.

Which brings me to these pictures which I'm posting for Carmi's Thematic Photographic challenge this week of cloudy. These are all photos I took on my trip to Hawai'i. Even with a bum knee, it was an amazing trip.
















9 comments:

Susanne said...

Ouch Ann for sure! What on earth were you doing girl? I'm so glad you still got to go on your Hawaii trip though. Those pictures make me want to pack my bags and go myself.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cloud shots. I hope you enjoyed your visit over here. I so love all the pictures. Thanks for stopping by my playground :) Aloha

Glennis said...

So sorry about your injury. I hope you were able to sit in a nice lounge chair on the beach taking those photos. That last shot reminds me of the road to Hanalei on Kauai.

bonggamom said...

That's beautiful! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your trip despite your injury.

JC said...

Wonderful shots! Glad you were able to make the trip and do so hope you heal quickly!

Happy 4th!

Laurie said...

I hope for a speedy recovery for your injured knee.

It is such a lovely selection of images from paradise here. So glad your injury did not sideline you from the trip.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful clouds! And I'm glad you were able to visit such a beautiful place, even with a bum knee.
Wishing you a quick recovery!

Beck said...

Oh no! I'm so happy it didn't ruin your trip, though.

Jody said...

Gorgeous! Looks like a wonderful trip! Sorry to hear about your knee. Hope it is doing better!