Friday, July 10, 2009

Photo Hunters - Garbage



Finally back to this week. It's been a while. Today's theme of "garbage" threw me for a loop until I stopped by Carver's Place. I realized that "garbage" could be a part of my photo without being the primary focus of it. Then my choice came to mind right away.

Photo Hunters - Garbage




This is looking down the street from the frontyard of the home where we stayed in O'ahu Hawi'i. It was such a quiet and lovely street. Can you see why this picture fits the theme?


More to be explored.

12 comments:

stan said...

are those track marks left behind by the garbage bin?

Carver said...

That is a lovely shot and I do spot the garbage can. You stayed in a beautiful neighborhood.

I was the same way about not being sure about the theme until I realized I didn't need to show garbage. I've posted pictures of unsettling things but for whatever the reason I just didn't want to put up any of the unsightly pictures I've taken this week. Thanks for mentioning my blog and glad I gave you an idea.

Happy Saturday.

dawn said...

Yes, the roadside bin. It is a lovely photo and still fits the theme. Good choice.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Well, yes, but it's a lovely corner of the world, nice, green and clean.

Have a great weekend.

Tara R. said...

It's a lovely community. The bin is a subtle hint at the theme. Nicely done.

Bonggamom said...

Hiya Ann, love the Hawaii photo but for some reason I can't see your first photo.

kaye said...

lovely street, but even in Hawaii they have garbage to dump. my photo hunt is here Thanks

srp said...

I always hurry to get ours in on garbage day... the HOA has a rule that says you cannot put out a can more than 12 hours before pick-up and it should be off the street by 12 hours after pickup. Strange.
My construction trash or garbage is up.

Incog & Nito said...

Yep all over the world the garbage has to go out each week. Great photo. Enjoy your day.

Sherry at EX Marks the Spot said...

This was a tough one, wasn't it? You did a good job!

Laurie said...

Clever composition.

Expat Traveler said...

Oh that does look like a fun place!